With school holidays in full swing and warm weather on the way, the temptation to buy treats is getting hard to resist. How can you keep the family satisfied without packing them full of sugar and preservatives? There’s no way the little ones are going to be okay with fruit when the memory of chocolate packed Ekka show bags are still fresh in their minds. It’s time to bring out the big guns and whip up a treat that will trick them and treat you!
Images and recipe sourced from rawberryfields.co.uk
Raw Raspberry Ruffle Bars are this season’s treat-of-choice as they imitate the classic British sweet and the best bit is: its all raw, vegan, gluten and dairy free!
Prep time: 20 mins Makes: 10 bars (depending on how big you choose to make them)
1 ½ cups (150g) of unsweetened desiccated coconut
150g of coconut cream
2 tbsp of liquid coconut oil
4-6 tbsp of maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice)
1 tsp of vanilla bean paste
3 ½ heaped tsp of raw raspberry powder
150g of raw dark chocolate
- In a large bowl, mix the desiccated coconut, coconut cream and maple syrup until well combined.
- Add coconut oil, vanilla paste and raspberry powder then stir until a sticky mixture is formed.
- Line a tray with baking paper and shape the coconut mixture into 10 even shaped/sized bars.
- Place in the fridge to harden while you prepare the chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate over a bain-marie, ensuring it does not get warm.
- Dip each bar into the chocolate and form a thick coating all over.
- Gently press some freeze dried strawberries or raspberries on top, then drizzle remaining chocolate over the top for decoration.
- Place in the fridge to harden before eating. They should last up to two weeks in the fridge in a sealed container!
Found your favourite recipe on Pinterest? Share with us!