It can be tricky to work out exactly what to pack for a holiday, especially when you have more than one person to worry about! You have the challenge of wanting to be comfy and stylish but also needing to pack light, making it easier to tote everything around (and saving some room for shopping)!
Our trick is to break the holiday up into easy-to-manage chunks so you can be sure you’ve covered all your bases:
- Pick a beach cover up that is light, as you want it to be cool and avoid it sticking to sunscreen. This will be essential for when you’re walking to the pool or need to throw something on to go order at the bar!
- You’ll always need a hat, especially if your plans involve more lounging than swimming.
- Towel, sunnies, magazine, keys, phone… it all adds up to a handful so do yourself a favour and grab a beach tote to make the pool trip that much easier. Mooleii totes are waterproof and have the added bonus of being easy to fold up requiring minimal space in the suitcase!
- A small cosmetic clutch is going to be your best friend to grab and go each day. Make sure it has a waterproof lining – to avoid sunscreen leaks in your bag!
- Lastly, you’re going to need some sandals. The Rose Crossover Slides easily slip on your feet but also have a comfy sole if you want to go for a long walk.
Above: Small Red Triangle Mooleii Tote, Beige Braided Fedora Hat, Rose Gold Crossover Leather Slides, Blue and White Geometric Jaipur Clutch, Azure Resort Tunic Dress
- For your daily run around, you will need a few dresses that are light and loose to keep you cool. Be careful when choosing a short length if you’re expecting to be jumping out of taxis or climbing into boats!
- Once again, easy sandals are ideal but this time something with an ankle strap is preferable if you’re planning a long day of exploring. A pair of nude Patricio’s are perfect for this and the neutral tone can be paired with a whole variety of looks!
- If your day trip is tours and museums, a mid-sized crossover bag is your best option as it can’t be left behind and is a lot easier to protect. However, if you are looking to enjoy a day on the water, bring a beach tote to hang onto all those togs and towels, and keep them separate from electronics.
- A lightweight Turkish towel is great for a domestic holiday as they roll up to be quite compact and can also serve as picnic blankets.
Above: Tan Las Vegas Leather Bag, Beige Braided Fedora Hat, Nude Leather Patricio Sandals, Marine Mosaic Shift Dress, Navy Dot Off-Shoulder Dress, Blue Diamond Kirilly Shift Dress, Peach Stripe Tee Dress
- Pack one really dressy look for that special night out. Our recommendation is a light silk kaftan or maxi dress. Add some glitzy sandals and a matching clutch to instantly make your night glamorous!
- The clutch and sandals will work back with other outfits to dress them up for dinner. A clutch for night is important as you will want something small to carry your keys and lippy to the bar or dinner. If you can, choose one with a wristlet to prevent it from being left behind in a cab or on the dinner table!
- One long gold or silver necklace will be easy to throw on and will instantly dress your look up for dinner. Keep the style simple so that it can match multiple dresses.
- A classic black dress is not only perfect for creating a second night-out look but can also be worn casually during the day and will match any accessory.
Above: Silver Leather Leonie Clutch, Black Straight Tee Dress, Silver Conjeo Sandals, Ring and Metal Teardrop Necklace, Beaten Gold Waterfall Earrings, Soft Aged Gold Zip Clutch, Rose Laguna Leaf Sandals, Gold Cutout Cuff, Peacock Dream Short Silk Kaftan
- Comfort is key and this is never more important than when you are on a plane. Again, those loose fitting dresses make life easier, as do comfy-soled sandals.
- Pop on a light scarf that can double as a shawl for added warmth. A lightweight scarf can also easily be turned into sun cover for the beach or a sarong, so have fun with prints and colour.
- Bring out the cross body bag to carry all the phones, wallets and passports safely.
- This allows you to have a separate carry on tote to hold any entertainment that you and the family need for the long haul.
Above: Tan Las Vegas Leather Bag, Yellow Concrete Scarf, Nude Leather Patricio Sandals, Grey Marle Batwing T-Shirt Dress
What holiday looks have you put together for warm weather?
Let us know by tagging us in your Instagram pics! (@bluebungalow)